Wine cruise down the Saone and Rhone: Avalon Scenery Cruise Review by carolina husker
Overall Member Rating
Wine cruise down the Saone and Rhone
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
1. Bike excursion we took as a side trip in Versailles
2. Hotel-Dieu in Beaune
3. Guided walk of Vivier
3. Pont du Gard & Uzes tour.
4. Lyon silk museum and market tour
5. Les Baux and olive oil tasting tour
7. The cruise director Katy
8. Our bartender (Eddie) and waiter (Petro)
9. The Fairmont Hotel in Monte Carlo
10. The exceptional meals on More board
1. The tiny size of the stateroom (smaller than on other Avalon boats)
2. The cold, wet weather on part of the sail (unusual for this time of year)
3. The Pullman hotel in Paris (poor service, location, amenities)
4. The Perouges tour (cold, wet and empty)
5. A virus/flu that hit about 20 passengers at the end of the trip (which Avalon handled very weil)
Everything else either met or slightly exceeded expectations.
I would recommend this trip, but book during warm weather months and pace yourself with the wine consumption. Less
Beautiful ship, scenery and ex...
Great crew, sights and comfort...
Wonderful river cruise
A Very Good Experience, but A ...
The Deafness of Avalon's Front...
The Best Cruise Ever!!