Not much better than an Avalon River Cruise!: Avalon Tranquility II Cruise Review by AnnZ8

Avalon Tranquility II 5
AnnZ8
Member Since 2015
9 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Not much better than an Avalon River Cruise!

Sail Date: December 2016
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Budapest
I am a solo traveller -- I like to be safe and looked after. Avalon knows how to do this in style. The suites are roomy with a lot of storage area and huge floor to ceiling windows. The room is large as they don't have the wasted space of a balcony .. you can open the window wide and that eliminates the need of a balcony. The beds are so very comfortable and the bathroom is roomy.

The tours were great -- and the amount of time spent in each port was adequate. There were a couple of stops that I would have appreciated more time -- but there was a schedule the needed to be adhered to.

The meals were good -- and if I didn't like something on the menu there was always the standard meals that I could choose. I must admit that I loved the steak and baked potato -- so had that often instead of trying something else!

The tour director, Robert, was outstanding. There were a couple of very difficult passengers on board and he handled them very well without More disturbing the needs of others. His dry sense of humour made the port talks one of the highlights of the day.

The staff of the ship -- be it the cabin stewards or the people behind the scenes were truly some of the best I have experienced. No matter what time of day or what they had been going through -- they were more than happy to assist at any time -- with a smile on their faces.

I have tried other river cruise lines -- and always return to Avalon. I believe the quality that they offer is superior to the others I have experienced. Less

Published 11/01/17
Helpful? Thank AnnZ8

Cabin review: P327 Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

Absolutely Wonderful! And the beds -- oh so very comfy! The bathroom was spacious. There was enough storage and the seating area meant I didn't always have to sit on the bed.

Read All Outside Stateroom with French Balcony (P) Reviews >>

Quite the city!

Canal Tour

I never realized the amount of canals ..... and how they tied this city together.

Candlelight Cruise

This really was an illumination tour -- the lights were great!

Windmills Driving Tour

This was a "must see" -- I never realized how the canals were all over the countryside. This tour also came with coffee and apple pie -- YUM!

What a great town -- with so much history.
Read 19 Bamberg Reviews

This was a hidden jewel of the cruise. I loved this city -- I knew nothing about it but the tour was great -- then we had free time that allowed me to walk through the old town and enjoy all that it had to offer.

Great overview of the city.
Read 263 Budapest Reviews

I only went on the old city tour -- I had taken the Nuremberg Trial tour before and decided I didn't want to take it this time.

The tour guide was amazing ... I never realized what a centre of civilization Passau was!
Read 166 Passau Reviews

Walking tour through the old town.

These musical instruments were truly amazing.

What a Palace!
Read 182 Vienna Reviews

Walking Tour

This was a tour of the Christmas Markets -- we got to visit 3 of them and had a lot of free tastings.

The tour of the Palace was enthralling. Also, walking through this centre -- with enough free time to get a real feel for it was great.

Compare Prices on Avalon Tranquility II Europe - River Cruise Cruises

Compare Prices on Avalon Tranquility II Europe - River Cruise Cruises

AnnZ8
Member Since 2015
9 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X