Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Sunflowertx

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Sunflowertx
Mariner of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Member Name: Sunflowertx
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Just jump in and Make it Happen!
Embarkation, as most have heard was delayed until 3:30 P.M. We always like to arrive early, so we were happy to have a place to sit until we could board the ship. We were not upset with the cruise line because they were doing their best to get the ship safe for us. What I thought they could have offered us was something to eat and more chairs. We took the time to meet some new people and started laughing and joking before we even got on board. People as a whole were understanding and ready to have fun!

We loved the Mariner, what a beautiful ship that is being well taken care of.

Our Balcony cabin was great. Plenty of storage space. The balcony was clean and we enjoyed it most of the time. I thought since the cabin was "no smoking" that would include the balcony, but sadly I was wrong. When I went out to enjoy the view the neighbor would be smoking and yes, you do get to smell the smoke. I could not stay out very long if they were out. Will I get a balcony again, YES, I would. I loved having the light and view.

Our Cabin steward Aurtor, #8628 cabin was beyond wonderful. Even though he had extra to do because of the Nor-virus. He always had a smile and kind words. I could have taken him home! This kind of service is what RCCL is all about.

We used the Windjammer and Traditional dinning. We enjoyed both. The service was great in both. Rccl will do their best to see you enjoy your meal, if you don't like it, try something else. Can't do that at home! Service! Service! is what makes our meal so enjoyable. Our assistant waiter even showed us napkin folding tricks. Loved him.

The entertainment was fun. The shows were good and the dancers gave it their all. Exceptional musicians! From the country band to the Latin music were wonderful. Sad to say, no place to dance. Small, small, small dance floors. The only dance floor that had any room was being used for other things. Country night we only got to dance maybe 30 minutes because of the games. They could have done both if the band was allowed to play longer. We really wanted the other two bands to play in the Jade, too. Phil, we were so excited to know you are still going out of Galveston. As always, wonderful laughs and a great job.

We really enjoyed our cruise. Not only the staff that was friendly but the people that came aboard were ready to have fun. We laughed a lot and even though some people became ill, it did not stop people from having fun. Remember to wash your hands! It is up to you to have fun, so don't wait for fun to happen. Join In!

We will be on the Mariner again. I hope soon.

Publication Date: 01/06/12