NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. The Cruise Critic "How Was Your Cruise?" Sweepstakes ('Promotion') is open only to legal residents of the United Kingdom who are twenty-one (21) or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Independent Traveler, Inc. and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and each of their respective related companies, agencies or affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsors. The Independent Traveler, Inc., 7 Tree Farm Road, Suite 202, Pennington, NJ 08534, and Royal Caribbean International, Building Two, Aviator Park, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 2PG ('Sponsors').
- Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Promotion constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
- Entry Period. The Promotion begins on July 1, 2010 at 9.00am GMT and ends on August 16, 2010, at 12:00 p.m. GMT (the "Entry Period"). Entries received before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- Entry. To enter, write a Cruise Critic review which is accepted for publication to the site (by satisfying the review criteria which is laid out here:
/memberreviews/tips.cfm. Reviews which are not accepted for posting will not be eligible to enter and the entrant will be notified. Each review counts as one entry and multiple entries are permitted. The cruise reviewed must have taken place after January 1, 2008. Winners will be notified via the email address associated with their Cruise Critic member name and will be asked for their mailing address for prize shipping.
- Selection of Grand Prize Winner. On or about August 20, 2010, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected randomly from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winner will be notified by email. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, Sponsors will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Requirements of Potential Winner. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize Winner must complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within ten (10) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, if notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsors determine in their sole discretion that the potential winner is ineligible, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place. Travel companions must sign and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. If the travel companion(s) are minors, the winner must be his/her parent or legal guardian. Grand Prize Winner agrees not to publicly disclose that they are the Grand Prize Winner until authorized to do so by Sponsors. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsors to use winner's name, picture, likeness, address (city, county), and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide, without further compensation. It is requested that the winner submit a cruise review on following the completion of the cruise.
- Grand Prize: One (1) winner will be given the choice of a ten (10) night Canary Islands cruise or eleven (11) night Spain and Canary Islands cruise on Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas for two (2) people in one (1) cabin assigned per cruise details certificate. The grand prize must be used between September 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010 and is not transferable. The prize cannot be used for sailings on 24-26 December, 2010 and all sailings depend on space and availability. The prize does not include taxes, ground transportation, gratuities, alcoholic beverages, onboard expenses (such as specialty restaurants), or personal expenses (such as travel insurance, shore excursions, laundry, casino, spa treatments). Winner and travel companions must travel on same itinerary and are responsible for all necessary travel documents, including, but not limited to, passports and visas. Accommodations are subject to availability. Approximate retail value is: £1,500 per person. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, suspend, modify and/or cancel the Promotion. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors' failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant's sole remedy shall be another entry into the Promotion. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their respective parent and related companies, and each such company's respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical or printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail or email; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys' fees.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- Winners List. Grand prize winner will be announced on Cruise Critic in early September, 2010.