“Win a 9 night Cruise on Celebrity Silhouette” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: Eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win prizes is limited to legal residents of the United Kingdom who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per individual. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified. Registrations or submissions generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize providers, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the promotion are also not eligible. The Sponsor's determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and shall be restricted by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations that may apply.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Independent Traveler, Inc., d/b/a Cruise Critic, 200 Princeton South Corporate Center, Suite 330, Ewing, NJ 08628 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, 24th August 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM London Time on Monday 6th September (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Entry Period, visit Cruise Critic UK’s designated Facebook promotion post about the Sweepstakes and enter your name and a valid email address. You may not use an agency or any automated system to enter, and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entries received through such methods. Limit one (1) entry per person. Your entrance into the Sweepstakes constitutes your (a) agreement to these Official Rules and (b) consent to receiving email correspondence from Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Drawing: On or about Tuesday, 7 September 2021. Winner(s) will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Notification and Requirements of the Potential Winner: Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via the email address or contact information provided upon entering the sweepstakes within three (3) business days of the drawing. The potential winner will be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release, and W-8BEN form. If a potential winner fails to complete, sign and return these documents within five (5) business days, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate entrants may be contacted. It is the potential winner’s responsibility to determine his/her proper residency status and any failure to provide actuate information may be grounds for disqualification. Sponsor takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above or by a potential winner and all potential winners are encouraged to speak with their own financial advisor about the potential costs and liabilities associated with accepting the Grand Prize.
- Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive: A 9-night full-board cruise onboard Celebrity Silhouette, balcony cabin accommodation for two, departing Southampton on 18th September 2021. Winner will have until September 10th 2021 to redeem Grand Prize. Always Included is not included in the prize (but the winner can choose to upgrade to Always Included if they wish) and prize does not include other expenses not specified in these terms and conditions. The prize does include taxes, fees and gratuities. The Prize is as described, is not transferable and there is no cash alternative. The prize is subject to availability and no alternative will be offered. Changes to the Prize can be made by Celebrity Cruises at any time without prior notice. The Prize is subject to the Celebrity Cruises booking terms and conditions (and supplemental terms). Please note Celebrity Cruises do not allow anyone in their 24th week of pregnancy or past this stage of pregnancy to board. General conditions are available at https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/booking-conditions. Celebrity Cruises recommend that before travel, you check UK Government advice at www.gov.uk/coronavirus and Public Health England and www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england and the national health authorities of any countries you will visit, for the latest advice and information about travel, your health and safety, and more. Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Please visit https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/health-and-safety for further information on Celebrity Cruises’ health and safety protocols.
• Prize subject to availability
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is £1,800. Additional expenses, including any travel expenses, beyond those listed above in this Section 8 are not included as part of the Grand Prize package. The winner is solely responsible for paying all federal, state, local, and income taxes and any other costs and expenses not expressly covered by Sponsor in these rules. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility.
A prize may not be assigned or transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Any travel related expenses included but not limited to transportation to and from home and any hotel, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, departure taxes, hotel, resort or property fees, food & beverage not mentioned and personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges, gift shop purchases, video or camera fee at monuments and all other services not specifically mentioned as included in the prize are the sole responsibility of prize winner. Winner and any potential travel companion must travel on same itinerary. Winner and any potential guest are responsible for obtaining the proper travel documentation (e.g., valid photo ID/passport) prior to travel and complying with all policies and any other requirements of prize providers or government regulations at the time of travel. Winner and any potential guest must be vaccinated against COVID-19, and present negative PCR test results taken 3 days prior to boarding. All guests, age 18 and over, must have completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g. received the second dose in a two-dose series), and must have received the final dose at least 14 days prior travel. Winner’s guest must be legal U.K. resident, 18 years or older and must complete and return a Liability/Publicity/Travel Release prior to travel as noted above.
Any reservations are subject to availability at time of reservation. Blackout dates, advance booking requirements and travel restrictions may apply. Availability is subject to factors such as weather, seasonality and space availability. If for any reason whatsoever, winner and/or guest are unable to travel after all travel arrangements to be provided by Sponsor have been made and paid, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner. If the prize is forfeited prior to Sponsor finalizing and paying for travel, and there is sufficient time to notify an alternate winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing from among all non-winning eligible entries.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use winner's name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor or prize providers. Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor, prize providers, and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that each merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any).
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates; and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Additional Information: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope Cruise Critic, c/o “Win a 9-night Cruise onboard Celebrity Silhouette ” Sweepstakes, 7 Soho Square, London, United Kingdom, W1D 3QB. Request must be made by 25 October 2021.