Learn what to expect on a cruise by debunking cruise myths, then decide if cruising is the right vacation for you.
- Best Cruises for Non-Cruisers
- Top 10 Reasons to Cruise
- First Timer's Guide to Onboard Activites
- Fun Facts: Family Cruising
- Chewing the Fat About Healthy Cruising
- Honeymoons at Sea
- Fun Facts: River & Canal Cruising
- Cruise Welcome Varies for Solos
- Best Cruises for Weddings
- Best for Cruisers With Disabilities
- Fun Facts: Expedition Cruising
We've got tons of tips on how to choose the best ship or itinerary, pick a cruise that fits your budget and when to upgrade to luxury.
Confused by how to book a cruise? Don't worry! We'll take you through the process step by step.
Congratulations, you've booked a cruise! Now for the fun stuff: planning shore excursions, making dinner and spa reservations, and packing.
- First-Timers' Guide to Shore Excursions
- Online Reservations
- Cruise Packing 101
- Travel Rules and Regulations
- Travel Insurance -- Pros and Cons
- Ship-Sponsored or Independent Shore Excursions?
- Pre-Cruise Planning Checklist
- Sign Up for Meet & Mingle Parties
- Best Shore Excursions for Kids
- The Politics of Packing
- What's New in Shore Tours?
Get the scoop on cruise line alcohol, smoking, tipping and dress code policies, as well as uncovering the hidden costs.
- Connecting @ Sea
- Cruise Line Alcohol Policies
- Cruise Line Tipping Policies
- Cruise Line Smoking Policies
- Cruise Line Dress Codes
- 6 Cruise Tips for First-Timers
- 10 Hidden Costs of Cruising
- Alternative Dining
- Cruise Lines That Bring Kids and Parents Together
- What's Cooking in Onboard Cuisine?
- An Insider's Guide to Cruise Tipping
Discover what to avoid in port, how to avoid seasickness, and the pros and cons of cruising during hurricane season.
You'll find yet more information on how to prepare for and have the best time on your cruise in our Tips and Advice section.