• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Harmony V Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Variety Cruises' Harmony V - all I can say is wow!!!

Review for Harmony V to the Eastern Mediterranean
grecocroat
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jun 2012
Cabin:

I had the absolute pleasure of spending the end of June aboard Variety Cruises' Harmony V doing its Classical Greece itinerary. I had been to Greece several times before and I have to say that having done the whole island hopping thing using catamarans and car ferries, constantly packing and unpacking, there truly is no better way to travel than this. We would literally wake up to a new port of call every single day and the best part about these types of cruises is that the ship literally stays docked on the islands up until very late at night so that you can go out and enjoy the nightlife as opposed to the other cruises which literally have you spending only 4-5 hours at each port of call.

The itinerary itself is a very nice mix of the more popular and well known ports of call like Mykonos and Santorini but, then it also covers some of the more out of the way, not so touristy, more exclusive spots like Kythira, Monemvassia and Hydra for example which I have never been to.

The ship itself is magnificent, modern and sleek in design, it's the closest I'll probably ever come to feeling like Aristotle Onassis. The staff was excellent and the service could not have been better, they were literally picking up after me in my cabin at least two or three times a day it seemed. The great thing about these small ship yacht cruises is that you really do get a very personalized experience. The ship is small enough so that you get to know everybody on board and yet at the same time it is also large enough so that it never feels too crowded. There were about 25 people on our trip so I believe that the ship was about half full. There's free wifi on board as well which definitely helps pass the time while you are on board.

Cabin B