Costa Atlantica Cruise Review

Excellent Cruise

Costa Atlantica Cruise Review by tekeella

• Sail Date: Dec 2009
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

For us the cruise was exactly what we wanted. Perhaps if we had not booked inside guarantee and ended up with a nice balcony cabin I wouldn't have been as happy. Who knows, but for my sister and I, both first time cruisers, the service, food, cabin and entertainment were excellent.

Ou cabin was very spacious and comfortable, the balconies were nice, but I would've like a lounger, though there probably was not enough room. I liked the dividers between the balconies more than some other ships I have seen. Very clean and nice. Beautiful view. our attendant was wonderful and less pushy and yet more attentive than I have now experienced on Carnival. Our wait staff was enthusiastic and remembered us. My sister loved the caesar salad and every night there was one for her within 5 minutes of sitting down, even if it wasn't on the menu.

The ports were beautiful, the ship was comfortable and amazing.

The biggest complaint I heard on board was also the biggest compliment I could pay Costa after going on a Carnival Cruise. They stuck to the rules. Children were not allowed to just run around, or wear dripping bathing suits into the dining rooms, and adults were expected to respect posted rule. Yes there were less rules about smoking and other things, but the rules were enforced. No kids in the adult section, no exceptions. It made a huge difference for what I wanted out of a cruise.

tekeella's Full Rating Summary