3. Adventure of the Seas
I cruised on the Adventure of the Seas on 1/4. Just some background on me so you know where I am coming from. I am 22 y/o and I was cruising with Family. We flew direct on Northwest from St. Paul, MN to SJU. FLight was on time and very smooth. We arrived at SJU at approx 230pm. We were met at the gate by RCCL agents and were told that if we booked air sea thru the cruise line that we could go straight to the bus and luggage would be brought to the ship. We walked to the bus out front, and we left almost immediately. There was about a 20 minute bus ride to the ship. EMBARKATION- All I have to say was WOW. We got to the pier around 3:15. Saw the check in for deck 10. (Check in is split by decks. 1-3 per line). Only 1 couple in front of us. When it was our turn we showed ID, Birth Certificates, credit card, and were given our Sea Pass Cards and poof we were on board by 3:30!!!!! THE SHIP- FOr being 2 years old, honestly this ship was in just as good of shape as the navigator was when we sailed on her when she was 7 months old! Everything was clean and In great shape. We were on Deck 10, INterior, cat M. (A little small but nothing to complain about. We weren't in it enough anyway) Our stateroom attendant "Buddy" was great. We had a piece of luggage damaged by NWA, and he brought it to the fix it shop on the ship and they fixed it at no cost to us. WE had towel animals every night! EATING - MMMMMMMM - Windjammer and Island grill were open right when we got on the ship for lunch (And each day for lunch as well) They were both open for breakfast each day (Island grill had omelets, long line for them if you didn't get there before 9ish) Lunch was in Island grill, as well as snacks. Dinner was in Windjammer. Dinners were really never crowded. Hours- Breakfast 630a-11a. Lunch 1130a-3p Snacks 3p-6p Dinner 630p-930p Dining room - 3 floor dining room Seating around 1750 guests (So we were told by our head waiter) Food was always great, as was the dining staff. Formal nights were Mon and Thurs. Thurs was lobster night. Portofino - SOrry, Did not eat there! Promenade Cafe - 24hrs. Breakfast rolls in the morning, Pizza, sandwiches and desserts the rest of the day as well as free coffee and ice water. I went to the disco a lot at night. DJ was great. Usually played current top 40 hits, but would play anything upon request. Usually busiest from 1230a-2a. POOLS - Solarium - Not covered, unlike the rest of the RCCL Fleet, however the hot tubs were covered. No children rule followed 99percent of time. Main Pool 4 hot tubs, 2 pools. The deck was crowded at sea days, but not too bad. No real chair hogs spotted. DAILY STUFF Sunday, Again Embarkation in San Juan, WENT VERY WELL. No real complaints heard from anyone. HOWEVER, some almost missed ship due to weather in US causing delays. Muster Drill at 8:30. Dinner at 6:30 and 9p. Johnny Rockets Closed from 7p-9p for muster drill. Headliner Show Time was great. Comedian Very Funny (Forgot his name). MONDAY - At Sea, FORMAL NIGHT. Hmm, sat in hot tub most of day! A little rain in AM but lasted 10 minutes. Seas were wavy and wind was a little strong, ESP at night about 25-30mph. Sexy legs contest and horse racing were held at pool, as well as an art auction. I forgot what the show was that night (Sorry). Tuesday - ARUBA. Went shopping in town during day, and on the Kuku Kunuku party bus at night. Had a great time, stopping at 3 bars and then Carlos N Charlies where the real party was. Got back to the ship at 1215, just in time to beat the rush that hit at 1225. There was a deck party that night from 11-1 on the pool deck (11) with food and Ice Sculptures. Also that was the first production show night. Wednesday - Curacao. Went for a walk thru the town in the am, then went to the Aquarium beach. No waives there = a boring beach for me. We had on and off rain thru the day. (Lasting about 3-5 mins each time). I had 2 complaints the entire trip and this night was one of them. We had Ice tickets for Thursday (ICE SHOWS ON WED AND THURS) All entertainment this night including the deck party was in SPANISH!!! So you had 1800 english speaking passengers walking around commenting on the fact that there was nothing to do. I spoke to the cruise director and he said it was an error in scheduling entertainers for that week. Oh well, what can you do? Thursday - At Sea. Final Horse racing, Belly Flop Contest, the Love and marriage Show (DO NOT MISS) and The quest game (Also Very funny, and I was talked into playing this year by a fellow cruise criticer!) This was also the second Ice Show night, and the Second production show night! Friday - St. Maarten - Walked around and shopped, and then went to EVERYTHING's cool and had a few frozen drinks. El Goucho was the entertainer that night, who we have seen twice on RCCL prior, so we had a family Mini Golf Turney instead. Saturday - St. THomas. Walked around town, and took the sky ride (15.00pp) To paradise point. Great view! Worth the money for something to do! Fairwell comedy show on board that night. Sunday, Debarkation, AKA DISASTER! We had a 4p flight to MSP so we booked a tour thru RCCL. WE had to meet at 845 in the Imperial Lounge (Deck 5). At 850 when it became time to leave the ship to the tour bus (After the early flights had gotten off) Customs was so slow, we did not get out of the ship terminal until 1115! The line barely moved at all. The tour guide barely spoke any english. When we got dropped off at the airport 2hrs before, Northwest put us in a staging area, and forgot about our flight until 1hr prior to departure. THe security line was 1hour 30 mins long. A group of us found a NWA rep and they escorted us thru security. I can not believe SJU airport can not find a better way to do this since it happens Every week.. I will not fly to SJU in the future due to the airport size problems! Ship Tips. Ice Show - If you want to go, get tickets Monday 9-noon. They are free but since size is an issue you need a ticket. Sports deck All activities (In line skating, BBall, Mini Golf) are free. Unknown about simulator. For breakfast, try to eat before 9 as that is when things picked up. RCCL Has a 1am curfew for age 17 and down. There were 1500 Locals on board, and to answer previous comments, yes they are very loud people, and a select percent are rowdy and VERY LOUD, however, i would suggest booking this cruise if you wanted to take it. The other thing that really got on my nerves was the 2 way radios. Not that I minded that everyone and their brother had one, Just TURN THEM DOWN! PS HI TO ALL THE MINNESOTANS THAT I MET! ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK ON FORUM OR E-MAIL! hoopster3145@yahoo.com Scott All in all, the Cruise director (Kirk Detwieler) and his staff did a great job and we all had a wonderful time and will definitely cruise again, and I do recommend this cruise, however recommend flying out of san juan on Monday instead!

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by hoopster3145

Portofino - SOrry, Did not eat there!
DAILY STUFF
Ship Tips.
For breakfast, try to eat before 9 as that is when things picked up.
RCCL Has a 1am curfew for age 17 and down.
PS HI TO ALL THE MINNESOTANS THAT I MET!
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK ON FORUM OR E-MAIL! hoopster3145@yahoo.com