Good Points for nice cabins, House Keeping, Reception Staff on Boat, Program Director.
about Meals- Two Thumbs and ten toes down.
1. For vegetarians hardly one items in menu (some times none). Even Salad at dinner time has anchovies.
2. Vegetarian meals if any, have no equity in nourishment or in Dollar value with multiple choices available to Non-vegs.
3. Reason given that Menu is decided in the Home Office, no room for flexibility!
4. Chefs can not even cook Vegetable lasagna !
5. Even French fries were cold, soggy and tasteless. Excuse was that they use 'frozen French fries". So does McDonalds
6. At breakfast, except for fried eggs and omelette , everything was cold. No common sense to use steam bath or Sterno burners prior to serving breakfast. . Even 60 minutes after opening the breakfast, all items were cold.
7. Before embarkation, at least two full days in Budapest. Breakfast provided by the hotel but not a single lunch or dinner by Viking. Cheap, cheap.
8. During the city tour of Budapest, not even water bottle provide !
9. Staff in the dining room very overbearing and condescending, perhaps fishing for tips.
10. my 4th ( ,may be last) cruise with viking, each one disappointing about their meals, despite promises of good and nourishing choices for vegetarians
11. Viking very good in marketing ( TV ads in USA, Europe, Asia and multiple glossy brochures by mails) that hooks the unwary. after all who is paying for this blitz of marketing?,.