• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

bjrivers
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jul 2014
Cabin:

We have been on 8 other cruises all on Royal Caribbean ships. We were told that Celebrity was a step up- well I am still trying to work how where and how.

It was a very nice cruise and if we hadn't been on others we would be gobsmacked I guess however I didn't feel that this ship was as 'tight ' as it could be.

We were a little late in the afternoon embarking 4 pm and we went straight to Ocean View Cafe for something to eat. All that was on offer was pizzas pastas, bread cheese and a token bit of salad. Most of the serving area was cut off. We had to go and find somebody to get us a drink. Food nice but I neither like pasta or pizza much and certainly on a RCI Ship the choice would have been far more, this set the scene for the rest of the week. Our cabins were OK but smaller I think that RCI. All week in the Ocean View when we went for lunch we had the same problem. Nobody seemed to want to get us a drink. My husband most times just went to the bar and was greeted with a nod no nice how are you today, everything OK or we will bring it to you. Seemed to be a dearth of waiting staff. As we went off the ship most mornings on trips or to explore we had the same thing most days, the lunch was curtailed at about 2.15 pasta, pizzas and I have to admit more salad and bread but no carvery, no Indian, no fish etc after this time. I felt a little cheated. On the RCI there were stations you could pick up pizzas and sandwiches and fruit not here. Another thing is that on the RCI ships a big display of fruit was always on hand. All that we had here was plates of cut melon, pineapple etc and bowl of mixed fruit. I liked the idea of picking up an apple, or a banana or a satsuma, no option for this at all.

Ok a little tired and very small.

Port Reviews

Corfu

Easy on and off

Dubrovnik

Easy on and off we did it ourselves quite successfully get a guide book and you can do it alone.

Katakolon (Olympia)

Nice place easy safe walking about and very friendly

Find a Celebrity Equinox Cruise from £422