• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2014
Cabin:
Traveled with children

My two 12 year old children and I went on a Navigator of the Seas cruise in late July. I have to admit that I have high standards in travel, and after reading some reviews on this website, I had wondered if we had made a mistake in booking the cruise. In fact, I called Royal Caribbean at the last minute to see if there was any way we could update to a suite or to "Gold" status just to avoid some of the things I had read (I couldn't - it was too late). Certain reviews had stated how crowded the cruise was, how Royal Caribbean always said "No" and what a disaster Galveston was. I have to say that I found NONE of that true and that the kids and I thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and would do another Royal Caribbean Cruise in a heartbeat.

We got to Galveston around 11:30 (took Stamax Limo from Houston which was fantastic) and we were on the Ship eating by 12:30. We had a great cabin with a pull down ceiling, twin bed (and a king bed) and a nice balcony overlooking the ocean. Ernesto was our cabin attendant and we never had any problems with our room. [We did smell cigarette smoke a few times from our balcony, and Royal Caribbean immediately responded and came to investigate where the smoke was coming from, and then stopped it.]

We enjoyed the activities on the ship (Flowrider, Rock Climbing, Mini golf, basketball, the running track) and enjoyed the shows - especially the comedy show and the Marriage/ Newlywed show.

The room was great - bigger than we expected. We loved having the balcony and used it a bunch. Didn't expect a minibar. Bathroom was small but clean. Rented a movie through the TV one night. Liked the bunk bed above the king size bed. Good location. Quiet room.

Find a Navigator of the Seas Cruise from £279