River Duchess Cruise Review

Grand Christmas & New Year Cruise - Nuremburg to Budapest

River Duchess Cruise Review by Ameena

• Sail Date: Dec 2013
  • Destination: Europe River

You want to be pampered and looked after as royalty I believe you can depend on Uniworld. We were a group of 3 couples who needed to relax and enjoy our time peacefully.  This cruise was suggested to us by our travel agent.

From the start we were very welcomed by the crew memebers. The atmosphere was very friendly and comforting.

The level of hygiene was very high. Whenever we came back from an excrusion we were welcomed with hot towels and were recomended to use the sanitizing gels at the entrance.

Rooms and toilets where serviced everyday without fail. Bedsheets were changed on request. Fresh towels were provided everyday.

Staff was fabulous, cheerful and very friendly when chatting to.

We where the only 3 couples from the middle east, but we enjoyed every single minute of our cruise.

All that was promised was delievered.

Food was excellent. We had a lovely Spainish Chief whom was happy that I could speck broken Sapinish.

He made the best soups i have ever tasted. And his selection of main dishes was tantalizing. There was fresh fruits served at all meals.

There was a flow of wine during lunch and dinner.

For me and my friends we loved our coffee machine at odd times of the day when we were on baord.

Plus there was beautiful flavoured tea for us to try.

One important factor which I loved was the fitness center, although small, but it was next to the laundry room, so everytime we need to do some laundry we got into our trainner's and got on the machine while waiting for the laundry to finish.

Every morning we enjoyed our excerise class; there was yoga, stretching and off course ZUMBA. Plus my husband tried the massage which was great and refreshing.

The peak of the cruise was our new year dance dinner in Vienna; we spent the evening in a palace. It was awesome. Both my husband and I enjoyed dancing (waltz).

Time flew away.

I do recommend this cruise to people who want to relax and see something different and experience tranqulity.

I hope my input would be useful for others.

Ameena's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Category 1 423

Our Cabin was clean and comfortable, But was small, we expected a little bit more room to move around. everything was fine with the exceptionof our TV. it was not workable. although the technician tried to fix it. The bed was very comfortable. Toileties was the best.

Budapest

It would have been lovely if our cruise was extended by one day in this port. There was more to see and enjoy that what we were exposed to. Walking around the town was great. But we had to choose between the walk around or the old market. and both are equally enjoyable.It would be lovely to have some time to sit at one of the open air coffee shopes and enjoy a drink or a hot chocolate with freshly baked bread.

Ameena