• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Regatta Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

Champagne, Flowers, Chocolates and Wine …. Oh My!

Review for Regatta to the Western Caribbean
HeatherInFlorida
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2014
Cabin: Penthouse Suite

A country girl at my core, I grew up without a lot of pampering. Much later in my life I was wined and dined and began to experience ‘the finer things’. But still I’ve always said I neither need nor want what I laughingly call ‘froo froo extras’. Still, a girl can sure can get used to a little pampering.

No review makes a lot of sense without knowing the author a bit. We began cruising in the early ‘80’s when a tiny cabin with narrow beds and 2 portholes was pure luxury for us. On our honeymoon cruise in the Mediterranean in 1985 we had 2 windows and we oooo’d and ahhhh’d over that. It was another 15 years or so before we decided to splurge our hard earned dollars on a balcony. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

The ultimate splurge came when I decided to blow the budget completely and book a Penthouse category suite on the Oceania Riviera for my husband’s 75th birthday. I wrote a review about that cruise so nothing needs to be said other than to warn that there really is no going back and while my husband doesn’t care about the size of the cabin, he sure has come to enjoy the Butler.

Penthouse Suite