Disney Wonder Cruise Review

There's a bit of tarnish on the crown...

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by yndygo

• Sail Date: Nov 2014
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

This was, in fact, our 3rd time staying in Cabin #5134 on the lovely Disney Wonder. It's a great cabin, in a fabulous location, on a ship that still holds my heart.

But if you'd asked me the last time I debarked what I'd rate it on a 1-to-10 scale? You would've heard the 10 before you finished. This time? I'd give it about a 7 1/2.

If I were ranking it solely on the people? 10+ Our room steward Narisa was an angel in disguise. Our wait staff was beyond awesome. Pretty much everyone we met was wonderful this time around.

But the poor Wonder. She needs the dry dock and updating badly. She's a bit scuffed up and creaky and starting to look like an old sea tramp rather than a grand lady of the waves! DCL is waiting too long since they won't refit her until she comes back from Alaska next summer. Not soon enough that we booked Disney for our family cruise up there in May.

DCL has obviously had to cut a few corners the past few years. It's too bad. It is still the best familiy experience if you can afford it. But not so different that you wouldn't be willing to look at the competitors.

yndygo's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 7A 5134

This is a lovely room for 3. At the back of the boat - not much reason for foot traffic - easy to get up to the soda and ice cream machines on the 9th deck. Perfect for us!

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

The dolphins are amazing. Life long bucket list item kicked off joyously!!2 things: no on really gives direction once you are there. Mill about toward the side with the seats and the showers....then expect to put everything into a locker and wash off any sun screen.Just go with the flow and listen to the directions.

View All 456 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews