Disney Wonder Cruise Review

Lots of Structure, A Lot of Fizzle

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by sameasnew

• Sail Date: Feb 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

Let me make this review nice and simple:

1. You miss your dinner: YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK! No buffet for you (thing is when you have kids chances are you will miss stuff, especially on this ship with so much to do, I mean, I get it, consistency is key for kids, but really, I mean, Really!!!)

2. You want to wake up maybe, at least, 10 minutes late on the day of arrival back at port.....?: WHAT!!! What are you crazy!! Out of luck. These people will make sure your are out of your stateroom by 8am latest. There will be constructions going on outside, workers moving beds and what not, plastic wrapinc floors. I felt like I was robbing a bank and trying to get away as soon as possible on this ship. As much as I dislike Carnival, I got to give it to them on this one, they let you chill on the last day.

3. You want to have breakfast on the last day?: OK, but you need a reservation, and you better show up on time (usually at 8am) or you don't get food. This is if you got a ticket from your server the night before at the same restaurant. But I don't image the buffet was much of a difference. Disney wasnts you out! ASAP!

4. You want friendly kids?: Think again, I'm not rich, nor do I even come close, but the rate was good so I went with my super friendly daughter, well guess what, some kid pushed her against the wall in the pool. I asked where his parents were and he said he didn't know. Really? In my opinion, the kids on this cruise were not very nice.

5. My property is safe right?: What!!!! My daughter got her pirate sword stolen in like 5 seconds, the moment it droped on the floor, it was gone. I could not believe it! My water bottle went missing. I was left thinking, "wait, these people have money right, so why is there stealing going on?" I did not get that one bit.

6. My stateroom attendant is going to be great: Yeah he was fine, but when I told him it was ok, that he didn't have to clean that morning, it was like he had won the lottery, he also took a long time to do our room, and I was thinking because I'm hispanic, then he thought I was a poor tipper (stereotype given to Hispanics and African Americans) so he didn't have to try hard, but after I left him the tips, he tried to be nice, I kind of knew. That's just messed up. Then I realized how much nicer he was to the other guests and they probably didn't tip as much as I did. Just sad.

7. My daughter is gonna have a blast!: Well she did, but not in the club (Disney Oceaneer Club), the one where I was supposed to leave her for a couple of hours while I went and worked out, or meditated, or just relaxed. No! My daughter needs a bit of warming up, so I asked the attendant at the club if I could stay with her for 5 minutes and on two separate occasions I was told no. So we just stopped going, and I never got to work out at the "club." I'm a single parent so if no one else wants my baby, I am stuck with her, gladly, but of course I'm paying for all this, so it seems a bit unfair. You know?

sameasnew's Full Rating Summary

I just don't think Disney Cruises cater to single parents, if they did, they would make an extra effort to facilitate the kid's involvement in the clubs. And that whole rushing people out is pretty messed up. Sorry, but it is. I didn't complain on board because I'm not a complaining type of person. But I guess I am now.

sameasnew