• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

amandajanem
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Feb 2014
Cabin:

We booked this cruise last time we were on board in April last year to maximise our on board credit. This was a fly cruise and the flight with Thomas Cook airlines was the worst part of our holiday, we will seriously consider scheduled flights if we do the trip again.

There were obvious queues to check in in a less than luxurious shed but you were offered water while you waited. Once check in was complete we boarded the ship and went in search of our cabin. I was so excited because two weeks prior to departure I had had an email from P & O offering us an upgrade to a suite for an additional £250 per person. This seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity so we took it and were given the Penthouse Suite on the back of the ship. It was amazing, so much space, a butler and the opportunity to have breakfast in the White Room each morning. If you ever get the chance to upgrade I would highly recommend it.

The crew as always were friendly, polite, courteous and eager to please. We ate in the Bay Tree each night and the food was always good if not excellent. Lunch was usually eaten in Saffron and again was good or excellent. We ate one evening in the White Room and the food was delicious, I was so full I could hardly manage a pudding. I'm not sure it was worth £25 each but the experience of eating under the stars was great. We used the buffet a couple of times, usually when we had missed lunch and the quality was good and plenty of hand gel in evidence. Pizza was a naughty treat occaisonally as was afternoon tea.

Excellent cabin with so much room. Great to have a full size shower. Nice that the shower and bath were separate to the toilet and wash basin. Despite the brochure saying the balcony was sheltered it wasn't really and we used to get full sun especially in the afternoons. Nice to have two loungers a well a table and chairs.Plenty of storage. It was a long walk to the other end of the ship!!!!!

2 Helpful Votes