• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Star Princess Review

Editor Rating
2 Awards

If you don't know any better, you might think it's okay.

Review for Star Princess to Pacific Coastal
DJnSoCal
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Nov 2015
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony
One of the many out of order signs on all of the toilets.
Joy making us have a great time at dinner!
Mini Suite view.
Mini Suite bathroom

Embarkation:

My neighbors rave about Princess and talked me into going with them on this short get-away to Catalina and Ensenada. Since it was my first time sailing with Princess, I didn't entirely know what to expect. The cruise itself, had a rocky start since the US Custom's computer system was down. This delayed embarkation until about 1600 hours for us. I did receive an email and an automated telephone call from Princess, but it was well after we had arrived at the port. I found out later that the problem had been going on all morning. I felt they should have put this information out much, much sooner. All in all, we waited for about 5 hours in their terminal. I had not eaten breakfast because I wanted to get on an enjoy the ship (poor choice on my part). I ended up using their vending machines there to get snacks and water only to find out about 1/2 hour later they brought in water and snacks for everyone. Again, why not let everyone know what you are going to do? I just think it's poor communication on their part.

I'm disappointed in the fact they don't give junior suite guests any preference on this ship. I've had the class before on other ships and you get some extra perks... nothing here. That being said, we waited with everyone to get on the ship after being told many, many times that only full suite and their elite members could board.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Cabin MD

Steward was pleasant... didn't check on us much, but the room was always clean and ready. As expected.

Port Reviews

Los Angeles

Live here... so know it.

Catalina Island (California)

Average port... close to Los Angeles. Wrigley house is always cool.

Ensenada

Typical port city. Don't like having to take a 45 min bus ride to get somewhere though.

1 Helpful Vote