Star Princess Cruise Review

Star Princess Cruise Review by Silverwonder

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Just back from 31 days South America adventure on Star Princess. It was most enjoyable and the staff were really friendly. Some things of note.... the ship is going in for a refit and it needs it. Staterooms are looking tired and much of the furniture is in need to a good spit and polish, new upholtery etc. The old girl needs the facelift.

The shows are tired and it is time for Princess to start investing money in shows for the older ships. It's all well and good to provide new shows for the new ships but what about those of us who travel a lot. I am Elite and have seen Motor City heaven knows how many times. I could get up and dance the numbers myself now.

Smoking restrictions have improved the ship but they need to make the Casino smoke free 365 days a year. I resent having someone puff on me while I am attempting to win money in a no win situation. The casino is not well used and appears to have fewer machines.

The Santuary was hardly used but then who would pay $40/day. It's up 100% since I last sailed Princess in 2013. The price is rediculous. Perhaps it should be a perk for Elite cruisers sor lower the cost back to what it was $20 full day $10 half day. They certainly are not making money on it.

Scents. We ran into a lot of people (men and women) who did not realize that a little dab will do you. It was so bad one night I went to my room with a headache and I don't suffer with alergies. It is a law suit waiting to happen. I realize that they sell perfume etc. on the ship but a simple reminder to be sensitive to others would go a long way to making the environment more please.

The menues repeated themselves but the quality of the food seemed to improve for my last cruise on Princess. More specialty opportunity - fondues, crab night both with surcharges. Another way charge more

Silverwonder's Full Rating Summary