• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Family Balcony Stateroom
Traveled with children

Sorry for the long review but I value these and got so much from reading them myself that I had to do a thorough one.

This was my second cruise in less than 12 months. I previously cruised on the celebrity summit out of Bayonne and absolutely loved it. My husband myself and my two children were traveling with my brother and sister-in-law and their two children who are close to age to my two children. We cringed at all the terrible reviews that we read on this site, however we got such a good deal for a spring break cruise that we couldn't resist. I went in with somewhat low expectations and I was pleasantly surprised.

First of all I hate all the complaints about a crowded terminal or long lines. Of course it's crowded- they're trying to get 4000 people onto a ship or fed for dinner, etc. etc. I thought the terminal check in was well organized. While we did have to wait to board the ship it was not an unreasonable time. We arrived at the port at 10:30 and were on the ship before noon.

Family Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B2

We had a very nice family balcony room at the forward of the ship. While it was large enough the closet did not offer good storage but the bathroom did. Our steward Arlan was the best. He was always friendly and available and he kept our room spic and span. He would come twice a day to tidy up and to make the beds and he was so kind and courteous. I can't say enough nice things about him and I looked forward to seeing him every day.

Port Reviews

New York (Manhattan)

We're from the area but since we were a group of 8, we hired a Sprinter to drive us to the port. It was cheaper than parking 2 cars for the week.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We chose not to disembark at Port Canaveral since we prefer other parts of Florida and didn't see any value in that port. It turned out to be a rainy dreary day anyway and a lot of people chose to stay on the boat. Not a fun day.

Great Stirrup Cay

Surprise- surprise!! We did not make it to Stirrup Cay. From what we were told by various staff members they rarely make it to this private island. So I guess it's very memorable when they do. They instead continued on to Nassau but we didn't get there till 4 in the afternoon and we were not able to port until 6 that evening.

8 Helpful Votes