• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Viking Eistla Review

Editor Rating

A Dream Come True, Even Better Than I Thought!

Review for Viking Eistla to Europe River
MsJudy
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2015
Cabin: French Balcony

We took two weeks prior to our embarkation to visit Germany, Italy & the Czech Republic & then spend a day in Passau.

We chose this particular cruise for the Christmas markets & getting into the spirit of Christmas in Europe. We knew the weather would not necessarily be in our favor but the crew made sure we were comfy greeting us with hot, wet towels to freshen up with when we boarded, to furnishing us with needed umbrellas or a hot wine when we returned from a cold weather excursion. I have sailed many ocean cruises and by far, this was the best cruise ever, I felt like we were treated like royalty. The ship, the food, the staff, the shore excursions & how efficient they were handled.

One thing impressed me was when we were on an excursion there was always a visible staff person around. I loved that the shore excursions were graded for tolerance and EVERYONE of our tour guides were fantastic as were the hearing devices that we used so we could hear the narrative without being at the head of the group.

French Balcony

CLEAN, everyday, good quality bed & linens, electrical set up for 110 voltage (US) room for luggage under the bed & a large full closet. Great viewing window, floor to ceiling, that can be opened. Bathroom shower one of the best setups I've seen on a ship without getting water all over the bathroom floor. And the cabin steward was wonderful & so very accommodating. Cabin locations are good & not far from main rooms or gathering areas.

Find a cruise