ms Sapphire Cruise Review

ms Sapphire Cruise Review by meteng

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: undefined

I chose this cruise because of the before and after days along with the visit to the Normandy beaches. Two days in London before the cruise, then the TGV under the channel to Paris for the cruise, then a stay in Versailles after the cruise. As usual with Tauck, we were pampered from start to finish. Everything was taken care of for us and the price was all inclusive. Although the ship is not new it didn't show the normal wear and tear you would expect. The crew was very attentive and embarkation was a breeze. When we finally sailed from Paris the Captain lowered the wheelhouse and backed the ship up near the Eiffel Tower for a photo op before heading for the coast.

Traveling solo, I took advantage of their single supplement waiver and berthed in a lower deck cabin 102. I was all as advertised and more than enough for me. Had my wife been with me it would have taken a little coordination to bathe and dress. The dining was excellent with a nice variety and use of local products and wine selections which were included as well. Service was impeccable no matter where you were on the ship.

The entertainment and activities were about what you would expect for a small ship but were highlighted by guest lecturers. The Ports of call were varied and the Shore excursions excellent. We even had private tour times in Monet's garden and the Van Gogh house. I only wish we had more time at the Normandy Beaches.

I would definitely recommend this trip and may even take it again myself.

meteng's Full Rating Summary