Viking Torgil Cruise Review

Viking Torgil Cruise Review by 3pellegrinis

• Sail Date: Jun 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Outside Stateroom

We cruised the Duoro River of Gold, which was my Mother's choice. Beautiful Scenery, wonderful food, plentiful wine with meals. Staff was very attentive and friendly, ship was lovely. This was my first river cruise, and I did expect the age range of the passengers to be on the older side.

There are nice tours in each port, but know that there are buses involved each time, and some rides are quite long. While the buses are comfortable, the ride can be a little difficult for people who suffer from motion sickness...the roads are smooth but they are not straight...very tight curves! The buses also do seem to rock a little. I did not like that sometimes the buses took us on tours and the boat sailed and we met it at another port...we missed a lot of sail time, which is so relaxing.

The week we traveled was a holiday week in Portugal, so our day tour in Porto had everything closed. We did get a lovely treat the night we boarded though as there was a huge celebration with fireworks in the port. Amazing show.

The ports on this tour don't have much at the actual dock locations, which is why you need to take buses inland for everything.

My cabin was 101 which was a little small, although the bathroom was very large compared to other cruises I have taken.

3pellegrinis's Full Rating Summary

Standard Outside Stateroom
Cabin F 101

Small but well kept. closet light never turns off so we had to make sure doors were closed. Bathroom has a nightlight feature which I did appreciate.

3pellegrinis