River Queen Cruise Review

River Queen Cruise Review by sharonlhartley@gmail.com

• Sail Date: Jun 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Stateroom

I cannot praise this ship and it's crew high enough! 5 stars isn't enough.

We sailed on the Uniworld's River Queen from 6/8 to 6/22. From the very beginning we were treated like honored quests; the whole crew made you feel that it was their privilege to serve & help you in any way.

I was travelling with my 92 & 93 year old mother & father. The crew did everything in their power to ensure their comfort & safety. My mother got sick on the cruise & spent 2 days in her cabin. Chef Danny prepared special meals for her based on her requests separate from his gourmet menus for those days. Danielle, the bartender delivered those meals to her & requested to sit with her while Mother ate.

The Danube River was flooded and early on in the cruise, the captain Ludo Schef became concerned that we wouldn't make our next destination based on a very low bridge, so he made the decision to by pass Passau in order to make Regensburg. All the other ships behind us had to wait for the river to subside. Because of his knowledge of the river we were able to complete our cruise. Agnes Hazai, our Cruise Manager, had us bused back to Passau so we wouldn't miss the beautiful & historical city. All other tours were comped for the rest of the trip!!!

We celebrated my mother's 92 birthday & I asked our hotel manager, Irma Erdeji to have a cake made for all the passangers. She only charged me their cost! 5 stars is not enough.

sharonlhartley@gmail.com's Full Rating Summary

Standard Stateroom
Cabin 2 308

Very comfortable, best bed I'd ever slept in. The best part was having Tanja come in twice aday to pick up after me!! My stateroom was kept neat & clean!!

Walking Tour

Interesting contrast of historical and new archetecture.

View All 183 Walking Tour Reviews
Regensburg

Beautiful historical city. The tour, "From Hops Field to Beer Stein" was fascinating, a "must see". It was interesting to see how the hops were grown and how the beer was made. We were able to taste the bee also! Excellent beer!

Cologne Old Town

It's a beautiful old town with the biggest cathedral I've ever seen! And so beautiful!

View All 52 Cologne Old Town Reviews
Frankfurt

Wonderful walking tour with interesting historical information

Highlights Tour

So much interesting historical information.

View All 85 Highlights Tour Reviews