Viking Njord Cruise Review

Viking Njord Cruise Review by rxman48

• Sail Date: Jun 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Superior

I am not much of a cruise person but my wife really wanted to take a river cruise. This was one of the shorter ones so I felt that if I didn't like it I wouldn't be stuck for too long. I just wish I would have listened to my wife and booked a longer one.

We booked the entire trip ( air, 3 day pre-cruise stay in Prague) through Viking. I can't say enough good things about how everything went. I can't believe how organized and helpful the Viking staff was. From the moment we landed in Prague until the time we took off from Budapest, Viking took care of everything. Great hotel in Prague in a great location. Great selection of optional tours in a wonderful city.

The Njord is a wonderful ship. Bright, modern and a perfect size. Cabins were clean and well maintained. I liked sitting on the balcony in the evening before bed. The cruise itself was excellent. I especially liked Regensburg and Vienna. The highlights of the cruise for me was the people we met and became friends with and the ship's crew. The number of passengers (about 180) allowed us to mix mingle and make friends. The crew made us feel like valued guests from the moment we boarded.

Bottom line: Started out as not much of a cruise person but am already planning our next Viking cruise. This time I'll make it a little longer one.

rxman48's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 313

Nice nezt, clean with all of the amenities you need. Veranda worth the additional fare

Regensburg

Beautiful old town. After guided tour, just loved walking around exploring

rxman48