Alaskan Dream Cruise Review

More than I could ever expected

Alaskan Dream Cruise Review by Dawnnnnn

• Sail Date: Aug 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

MY 50th bday was to do something from my parents bucket list. They wanted Alaska cruise, I wanted to experience Alaska, not 500 to 3,000 other passengers. WHat we got was so much more than expected. By the end of our first of 11 days on cruise, we pretty much knew everyone on board and the staff was already picking up everyone's nuances. Captain Eric made the effort for us to see even the most difficult. Chef Brie and her crew gave us 5 star dinning while they managed to feed my very plain meat and potato husband ( a running joke onboard ). I could go on and on about the small things that each staff member did to make the trip special. Leaving was so sad. You felt like you were saying goodbye to family, passenger and crew alike. I will never go on another large cruise agin, but I'd sail with them again in a heartbeat. The ship was nice and between serving and doing things with us the staff was always cleaning. The cabins were small and cozy (be realistic if your choosing to go on a small ship) and I wanted to bring that bed and bedding home because it was so comfy! I miss that bed as much as our dessert/bakers 3:00 cookies and our bartender's awesome drinks. The ports were great as were our evening lounge info sesssions. We researched and went out on one outside excursion to a dog sled camp, which was well worth the money. Our captain even took us verses us waiting for a van to pick us up. THis is a 40 passenger ship, I wouldn't bring kids. My husband is 44 and was the youngest passenger on ship.

Dawnnnnn's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Outside 210

Comfy and cozy. I slept so well.

Dawnnnnn