3. Avalon Luminary
I wanted to see more of Germany and I had never been to Vienna. This cruise had the ideal itinerary for my husband and I. We were able to fly to Zurich non-stop from New York and stay two nights and then meet our fellow passengers at their hotel and take the optional tour to Lake Lucerne. We found the ports of call delightful and our fellow passengers very friendly. The crew was very hospital and the tour director was very adept at her job. We especially liked the optional waltz concert in Vienna. We loved that the cruise ended in Vienna and we stayed an extra two nights on our own. We booked a suite and it was a good size and very clean. When I requested more hangers, our cabin attendant fetched them post haste. The food was good. I thought that the fish portions were a bit small. Also, I like pouched eggs but mine always came out hard boiled. These are really trivial complaints. Happy hour was great and the drinks so reasonable. All in all, a very memorable trip.

Great Trip on the Rhine, Main and Danube

Avalon Luminary Cruise Review by 75camille

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Suite with French Balcony
75camille’s Full Rating Summary

Suite with French Balcony
Cabin S 314
Very clean. I thought it would be a bit larger for a suite. The large bathroom was definitely a plus.
Royal Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins