River Princess Cruise Review

I still think I'm dreaming - it was beyond expectation.

River Princess Cruise Review by ourvan

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Stateroom

Where to begin...

The ship is beautiful, the staff is friendly and efficient (I've never seen people work so hard, and always with a smile), the food was gourmet - fresh, delicious, cultural selections, the sailing was smooth and scenic, the tours were well planned and informative (wonderful tour guides), and we wanted for NOTHING! Although I was worried that I would be anxious about the time away from home (tacked a few days on before/after) and that I'd be bored after 14 days, that was not the case. Each day was different, each port offered something else, and the longer we were all together the friendlier the group became. Loved that there were only 130 passengers - felt like home. All non-suite cabins are the same size, and I found ours more than comfortable. There is plenty of storage, and it was very convenient that our suitcases fit beneath our bed, so once we unpacked that was it for the cruise. We were in the lowest area of the ship, and I enjoyed being more or less at water level. We didn't spend much time in the room anyway, absent sleeping on the ultra-comfy beds, so I was fine with not having paid extra for a full-window view.

There was a convenient laundry area (complimentary), a library/game area, and the common areas of bar/dining/lobby. In addition to the visits ashore at each beautiful port, there was also onboard entertainment - regional demonstrations and even an oompah band while cruising through Germany. An optional excursion in Vienna (paid for with ship credit) was to a concert in a beautiful monastery - I was overwhelmed with emotion at making that memory.

While I had some concern that I wouldn't have the right wardrobe for a "boutique" excursion, I needn't have worried. Even the formal nights were nice-casual, so no need to have brought "fancy" stuff.

I would absolutely choose Uniworld again, and my bucket list dream would be to have my adult children along for the next adventure. Beyond memorable, and I have about 1700+ photos to provide me with a remembrance of this awesome time.

ourvan's Full Rating Summary

Standard Stateroom
Cabin 5 103

Very comfortable, beautifully appointed with wonderful beds. Large closets with shelves and hanging area. Under-the-bed suitcase storage. Wifi (sporadic at times on the river, fine in port), 120v outlets in both the sleeping area and the bathroom. The marble bathroom (with heated floors) had an ample shower area, lots of hot water, and enough counter space if you put your "stuff" in the vanity or small shelves beneath. No problems with temps, noise or movement. This ship is so smooth that sometimes I never even knew we left port!

City Tour

Beautiful history, clean city with friendly people. Our tour guide was exception in her discussion of the history of this city as well as the current economical conditions. Very interesting tour.

View All 353 City Tour Reviews