• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Review for Emerald Princess to Trans-Ocean
Party Patticake
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2016
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)

We chose this cruise for it's length (30 days) and ports of call. Princess does deliver on quality every time. It's not the most luxurious ship out there and the cuisine isn't outstanding but overall service is very good. The cabins are roomy and the beds large and comfortable with quality bedding. Dining is good. Unfortunately for me, I had to say no to all desserts due to my lactose intolerance (all their desserts contain milk or cheese). Probably a good thing really - don't have to worry about gaining weight. The entertainment was not very good (but we don't cruise for entertainment). Ports of call were varied and we really enjoyed seeing Petra in Jordan. Took many princess offered tours and was disappointed with many of the tours due to the fact that tour guildes spoke such poor english we could hardly understand them! Their tours are also very expensive. I expected better from Princess. Our best excursions were private tours or on our own. Our cabin steward provided very good service as did all personnel throughout the ship. We enjoyed the pool areas as well. They have a "Sanctuary" area in the forward ship which cost extra to use. It had cushioned lounge chairs, snacks and stewards to wait on you. The entire 30 days I never once saw anyone use this area! What a waste. It should be free to all guests. If you sail on Princess you will encounter an older crowd especiallly on the longer cruises. I did think the shopping area had a lot of variety to offer. Also noticed that many of the female guests took advantage of the dancing lessons. Overall, we enjoyed this cruise.

Oceanview (obstructed view)

Cabin OV

Cabin felt roomy and had a nice king size bed. Very well insulated rooms, never once heard any neighbors. Although it's obstructed view we could still see the ocean. No complaints.

Port Reviews

Southampton

Did not take an excursion. All excursions were booked.

Naples

Loved Sorrento. Next time going back there and will stay there a few days.

2 Helpful Votes