Azamara Journey Cruise Review

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by Catmaz

• Sail Date: Nov 2016
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

We chose the Aramara journey because we wanted a luxury holiday to celebrate our 70th birthday and we thought that Azamara would be a luxury trip. The prices are certainly luxury.

The first disappointment was the cabin, especially the bathroom. My husband couldn't get in the shower and the cabin was very small. As it was a very rough crossing we had to spend a lot of time in the cabin. the engine noise was right outside the our cabin and it was noisy all night and day and prevented us sleeping. I did ask to be moved but was told there was nothing available except the cabin opposite which had the same noise problem.

The lack of tea and coffee in the room was inconvenient although you could request this and wait for it to be delivered. As we weren't sleeping this would have helped if it had been in the room.

The entertainment was dire. I have never seen such rubbish and we stopped going to any concerts. The entertainments officer Eric was brilliant although his staff left a lot to be desired especially the DJ.

The food was faultless although as the trip was very rough a lot of the passengers didn't make it to the dining room. We couldn't use the pool a lot of the time and I think that the ship struggling in the rough weather partly due to its small size.

The staff were courteous even when a lot of them were sea sick and we were very impressed with al of them.

I would never choose an old ship like this again and it has certainly put me off cruising. What was supposed to be a treat ended up as an ordeal and we were very disappointed.

Catmaz's Full Rating Summary

Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom
Cabin VX 7088

Very disappointing. Bathroom too small.

Catmaz