3. Avalon Tranquility II
I am a solo traveller -- I like to be safe and looked after. Avalon knows how to do this in style. The suites are roomy with a lot of storage area and huge floor to ceiling windows. The room is large as they don't have the wasted space of a balcony .. you can open the window wide and that eliminates the need of a balcony. The beds are so very comfortable and the bathroom is roomy. The tours were great -- and the amount of time spent in each port was adequate. There were a couple of stops that I would have appreciated more time -- but there was a schedule the needed to be adhered to. The meals were good -- and if I didn't like something on the menu there was always the standard meals that I could choose. I must admit that I loved the steak and baked potato -- so had that often instead of trying something else! The tour director, Robert, was outstanding. There were a couple of very difficult passengers on board and he handled them very well without disturbing the needs of others. His dry sense of humour made the port talks one of the highlights of the day. The staff of the ship -- be it the cabin stewards or the people behind the scenes were truly some of the best I have experienced. No matter what time of day or what they had been going through -- they were more than happy to assist at any time -- with a smile on their faces. I have tried other river cruise lines -- and always return to Avalon. I believe the quality that they offer is superior to the others I have experienced.

Not much better than an Avalon River Cruise!

Avalon Tranquility II Cruise Review by AnnZ8

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

AnnZ8’s Full Rating Summary

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin P 327
Absolutely Wonderful! And the beds -- oh so very comfy! The bathroom was spacious. There was enough storage and the seating area meant I didn't always have to sit on the bed.
Royal Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins