• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

76mike
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Inside Stateroom

Hi everyone. Please understand, I'm not a snob, LOL. My wife is a professional; thanks to her income, not mine, we have been able to cruise on the higher end cruise lines in the past: Seabourn, Crystal, Oceania, and Celebrity. The last time we took Royal Carribean was almost twenty years ago. It was our first cruise, and we had a great time. Honestly, my son and I booked this cruise last minute, and, after having been on the more expensive cruise lines over the years, I was worried that this would be nothing but a disappointment: sharing the ship with 2400 other passengers instead of 700 or so would mean long lines; the food would be lousy, etc.

Boy was I wrong! While we were among the first to check in, it went very quickly. We had lunch (buffet style) while our rooms were being prepared. They were ready when they were promised to be. Bags were delivered to our floor as expected. We had to bring them to our room--which surprised me--but so what, right?

Both for excursions and dining, the long lines I had been dreading never materialized. The food was outstanding. Sure, not up to the standards of the more expensive cruise lines, but this cruise is about one quarter the cost of the fancy ones.

Inside Stateroom

Cabin M

Well, very small but ample drawer space. No window, but that is obvious. Shower way too small. Size of shower is the only real negative. I'm not sure that the shower would be bigger in a room with a window, but try and avoid these inside rooms. Window makes a huge difference.

Port Reviews

Key West

We have been to KW multiple times. We walked Duval St.

Nassau

My son explored the Beaches on his own.

Miami

We explored Miami on our own.

Find an Enchantment of the Seas Cruise from £464