Viking Skadi Cruise Review

Could not have been better

Viking Skadi Cruise Review by Susan E. Crews

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Helpful staff, great food, fun excursions--definitely met our expectations! We were pleased with all aspects of the cruise. For example, we had concerns about visiting Brussels after the recent terrorist attack, so an alternative excursion was offered. Our trip to the windmills was challenging due to the heavy rain, but we managed to climb one anyhow. I accidentally lost a small bag while climbing the windmill, and the staff went back to retrieve it for me. One lady slipped and fell on her face and got a bloody nose, and she was given the best possible medical attention. Also, the waiters in the dining hall were amazing. They remembered each morning that we liked warm milk for our coffee, and they brought it to us without our even having to request it! The food was delicious, and I liked the fact that traditional foods from the countires we visited were offered. The evening entertainment (singing quartets, wooden shoe carver, etc.) were terrific. The pianist was incredible. He took requests, and there didn't seem to be a song that he didn't know, and he never seemed to tire of playing our favorite song each night--"May I Have This Dance for the Rest of Your Life?"

Susan E. Crews's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B don't remem

We enjoyed the towel animals folded by the cabin steward, but when he folded my nightgown into an animal, I thought that was a little too personal and invasive of my privacy. I felt he should not be touching my nightgown (I had it neatly tucked under my pillow), but then I am a senior citizen and am probably thought by some younger folks to be a little too old-fashioned not to want to share my nightgown with anyone but my husband of 45 years!

Susan E. Crews