Viking Njord Cruise Review

1st Viking River Cruise, will not be the last.

Viking Njord Cruise Review by Sasha12

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

This trip was probably 4 yrs in the making. Friends recommended Viking some time ago then a lot of research was done before a decision was made. Everything about this trip was superb. The ship was very clean and had lovely décor. The cabin, although small, met our needs. Next trip we will opt for a cabin with a full veranda. Having dietary restrictions can always be difficult but the dining/kitchen staff handled my issues with great care & efficiency. The gluten free bread was actually very good. Prior to every meal, I was asked what I wanted from the menu & my meals were then prepared to meet my needs. My husband enjoyed every meal he had as well. The included excursions, was well as the optional ones we chose, were well run & informative. Really enjoyed the pre-excursion talks.The staff was very pleasant & attentive. The pre-trip planning was excellent. Booked airfare through Viking & was amazed at the incredible reduced cost. Could not have asked for better service. The historic sites; the beauty of the Danube; the incredibly great weather we had put this trip into the top 10 of trips we've taken over the past 30 years. We hope to do another one in the near future.

Sasha12's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony

A little on the small side but met our needs. Would opt for veranda stateroom next time. Loved the bathroom with the on/off glass.

Budapest

So much history; beautiful architecture; excellent guide.

Walking Tour

Well planned.

View All 183 Walking Tour Reviews
Passau

We had been there before so struck out on our own up the steps to the Oberhaus Museum. Well worth the climb!

Regensburg

Beautiful city - had been there before & loved all the architecture.

Sasha12