Viking Kara Cruise Review

Viking Kara Cruise Review by potsal

• Sail Date: Nov 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

I liked the destinations. I had a pre-cruise with a couple of friends, in Basel, where we did our own adventure,then, had a wonderful walking tour with a Viking Cruise tour guide the next morning and also,by a local guide, after we boarded the ship, Kara.

The ship staff / crew were very efficient, friendly and helpful. Elizabeth Rafferty, the program coordinator, was truly amazing, energetic and very efficient, in addition to her delightful personality, always smiling, sincere& accommodating. The captain always stayed outside on the plank greeting everyone as we got out of the ship for our tours in every port. Times for tours were well- planned.

My room was always kept clean and the stateroom attendants were kind, helpfu, friendly land accommodating.

The food and service in the dining room was superb! Very cheerful, friendly, caring and efficient servers and cooks! Kyle Bustillos, Christian, Mikey, Julius, Cesar, were among those who served our group, well. It was so nice to meet and make friends with fellow cruises, too.

All the places we visited were like the stories I had read during my younger years and it became a dream-come-true,to me, as we sailed through the beautiful Rhine River. We got to see the attractions in Breisach ( snowy hills, cuckoo clocks, Black Forest cake making demo ), & the quaint Colmar Village.Strasbourg, France, the birthplace of Frederic Auguste Bartholdi, the creator of the Statue of Liberty, was unforgettable! Our visit of the Mercedes-Benz Factory was amazing to me.

Heidelberg, was the main reason that i chose this destination, and was mesmerized by the beauty everywhere!.

The 2 UNESCO Bruehl palaces we visited, in Cologne, were fairy-tale-reality;

Highlight of the cruise was seeing the majestic castles quaint villages with old churches, mythical points along the river,, spectacular.colorful vineyards and trees, that lined both the river banks.Being able to see land on either side of the ship, at any time, gave me the comfortable feeling, that you don't get in an ocean cruise.

Going inside a windmill in Kinderdjik was a unique experience.

Overall, this was a fairy-tale-dream - came-true for ME !!!

potsal's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F 122

Perfect for me. It was comfortable, very, clean with good amenities.

Black Forest

Great experience seeing how cuckoo clocks are made and the Black Forest Cake

demo.

View All 67 Black Forest Reviews
Basel

It was like what you only see in a movie. Spectacular! Mesmerizing! Intriguing Old stories.

potsal