Azamara Journey Cruise Review

Beyond my expectations

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by SargerTM

• Sail Date: Jan 2017
  • Destination: Asia

I am 25 yr old, traveling alone, and on my first ever cruise. Couldn't have been more impressed with the Azamara Journey. There isn't one single category (crew, amenities, food, security, rooms, atmosphere, activities, land excursions, etc.) that I can criticize.

I was the youngest solo traveler on the ship but was far from forgotten! The crew took time to get to know me and it wasn't long before I was being called by name everywhere I went and they had my food/drink preferences down. There was a large variety of land excursions at each port, and a lot of activities put together by Taylor (activities manager) for those remaining on the ship.

Entertainment on the ship was excellent! Eric (cruise director) is VERY GOOD at what he does. The ship's officers, including Captain Johannes, were out and about getting to know the guests which, to me, is very important.

The food was outstanding on all levels, from snacks in the cafes, the buffet, and all the way up to fine dining in Prime C and Aqualina.

Cleanliness and presentation of the facilities and staterooms was excellent.

All in all, Azamara blew me away. I did zero research on the ship before booking this cruise, but from here on out Azamara is the only ship I will choose. Every guest I met on the ship were all experienced cruisers and said Azamara is by far the best. Already booked my next cruise for November on Azamara Journey!

Cheers! :)

SargerTM's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Interior Stateroom 4038

Good size, great amenities. Always had toiletries, room cleaned/made-up multiple times throughout the day. Stateroom attendants (Earl and Russel) extremely nice and took the time to get to know me and what I liked in my room.

Hong Kong

I stayed in a hostel for 3 nights before embarkation. Total opposite of the luxury experience I enjoyed on the ship, obviously. Hong Kong was an exciting city to explore on my own.

Halong Bay

The caves at Halong Bay were awesome! The tour was well-structured. I found that by booking tours through the ship, you get to know and spend time with the other guests.

View All 65 Halong Bay Reviews
City Tour

I booked the bike tour first but, unfortunately, it was cancelled due to the high level of activity with the Chinese New Year. The bus tour was a fall-back and, although it was informative, it wasn't my first choice.

View All 104 City Tour Reviews
Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

I explored Bangkok on my own, outside of the ship's AzAmazing Evening Event which was superb. The ship's shuttle service at all ports was awesome and very convenient. After being dropped off by the shuttle I took the Skytram up to the Weekend Market and purchased clothing and other small souvenirs.

4WD Jeep Jungle Tour

Super awesome tour riding the elephants and exploring the coconut picking/exporting processes.

View All 11 4WD Jeep Jungle Tour Reviews