Viking Beyla Cruise Review

Viking Beyla Cruise Review by maggieschmitt

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Outside Stateroom

Because I was cruising with my family, they chose the cruise. For my first cruise with Viking, this was a truly remarkable experience. Everyone with the Viking family was courteous, considerate, respectful, and so much more. Quite simply, they were amazing and so was the experience.

The ship was always clean, and our room steward was phenomenal. Our room was always clean and tidy, and I was so impressed with the service. He even switched the lights to be bright when he came and cleaned in the morning and made up the beds and then dimmed them in the evening when he came for turndown service.

Because of the delicious food, I'm sure I gained weight on the trip. It was always beautifully presented, enough that you almost, almost, didn't want to eat it. Additionally, when we departed to or returned from excursions there was a treat for us to enjoy, whether hot chocolate or a cream puff.

Tours were wonderfully done through the use of the QuietVox, a small box with which you listen to the tour guide by way of an earpiece. The land tours were not too fast or too slow. Once or twice, I desired more free time on shore for shopping. Overall, I had more than enough time to complete my shopping and have time to relax aboard the ship and soak up all that Germany had to offer.

As a young person who went on the cruise, I will most definitely be traveling with Viking again. The Viking family - program director, tour guides, and crew - made the experience memorable, enough that I didn't want to leave the boat. My only wish is that the next cruise provide more time aboard the boat. The crew aboard the Viking Beyla touched my heart, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

maggieschmitt's Full Rating Summary

Standard Outside Stateroom
Cabin E 102

The cabin room provided more than enough space, and my friend and I were able to have two twin beds in the room. The room came equipped with both US and Europe style outlets, which was incredibly useful. Additionally, there was a TV with movies available to watch. The shower was divine! The shower gave us the ability to adjust the temperature and the pressure separately! Though I only had the standard stateroom, I still felt like I was getting treated like a royal.

maggieschmitt