3. Star Clipper
I choose this cruise because the vessel is small , she sails , and has an appealing destination : Thailand. My rating : I give one star for the very good looking of the ship on pictures and a second star for the food. What we did not like : I. General lack of comfort : * starting from the early beginning in the welcome room in Phuket, * the boat tender access is complicated and skimpy , dangerous. * the gangplank (not levelled and dangerous), * the deck in complete disorder, * the bar is very uncomfortable, lack of shade on the deck not enough sun cheap plastic sunchairs . * no pump in the pool , water dirty at the end of the day , dangerous. * uncomfort on the beach stops , boy scout type BBQ II. General lack of friendliness reaching the lack of politeness from the Cruise director and the bar staff but not only, no welcome in the dining room, the staff seems frustated . III. Lack of interest of the stops , it seems that our 1500 chinese friends had the same interest for the Koh Lantha and the so called "wild beaches" than us. IV. Account management practices unusual . The major criticism is the arrogance of the cruise director : a good ambiance would have attenuated the defaults.

Good looking only

Star Clipper Cruise Review by Jamoulle

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Asia

What we did not like :

I. General lack of comfort :

* starting from the early beginning in the welcome room in Phuket,

* the boat tender access is complicated and skimpy , dangerous.

* the gangplank (not levelled and dangerous),

* the deck in complete disorder,

* no pump in the pool , water dirty at the end of the day , dangerous.

* uncomfort on the beach stops , boy scout type BBQ

IV. Account management practices unusual .

Jamoulle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Clipper price drops

Cabin is small 11 square meters but clean and can be organized to fit the luggage under the bed, well air conditionned , space and comfort could be optimized.
  Star Clipper Deck Plans