Azamara Quest Cruise Review

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by Retired CPO

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Club Interior Stateroom

Going through the Panama Canal has been on my "bucket list." I couldn't think of a better way to cross than onboard Azamara Quest.

I boarded Quest in San Diego. The ports we visited were great, including an overnight in Cabo San Lucas, where the AzAmazing Evening was a performance of the "Dance of the Dead" in the Mexican desert. We then went to Zhijuatanejo (Mexico), San Juan del Sur (Nicaragua), Puntarenas (Costa Rico), and then Fuerte Amador in Panama.

The passage through the canal took about 8 hours, during which a retired history professor hired by Azamara gave a running commentary about the canal.

Our next port of call was scheduled for Cartagenas, Colombia, however, Mother Nature had other plans and we had to divert to Cozumel.

This was my third cruise onboard Quest. As always, the food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and the daily activities at sea were topnotch.

Retired CPO's Full Rating Summary

Club Interior Stateroom
Cabin 12 7002

Spacious and well-appointed. The cabin attendants were always attentive and polite.

Whale Watching

One of the highlights of the cruise. We followed two male hunchbacks that were competing for the attention of a female. There were multiple leaps out of the water.

View All 90 Whale Watching Reviews
Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo

A beautiful fishing village. I had lunch ashore. My meal was a delicious grilled red snapper, rice, and vegetables. Along with the meal I had 3 Dos Equis beers. My total bill came to $14.

Retired CPO