River Duchess Cruise Review

Wonderful cruise, crew, almost perfect

River Duchess Cruise Review by Alice1450

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony

My husband and I chose the Uniworld cruise, Tulips and Windmills, because we wanted to travel in early spring. It was a wonderful experience. We have traveled extensively for over thirty years and, at the conclusion of this trip, my husband stated that he thought this was the best vacation we had ever taken!

The food (presentation and taste) and the friendliness and caring attitude of the crew were excellent. Very informative programs were given on-board about Holland and Belgium. Shore excursion guides were knowledgeable. Overall impression was one of competent organization, friendliness, and helpfulness. I loved the fact that the cruise was all-inclusive (i.e. on-shore excursions, gratuities and alcohol). Bottom line: I did not want to get off the ship at the conclusion of the cruise, which is very unusual for me. I usually am more than ready to get home!

We look forward to booking another Uniworld cruise next year. We would not travel with another river cruise company.

Alice1450's Full Rating Summary

Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin 1 406

I do suggest booking a statement with floor-to-ceiling windows that open. To fall asleep at night with the windows open and listening to the waves lapping against the boat was heavenly!

Alice1450