• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Crystal Symphony Review

Editor Rating
50 Awards

Very relaxing and comfortable with excellent food.

Review for Crystal Symphony to Transpacific
calliopecruiser
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2017
Cabin:

I chose this trip because of the abundance of sea days, which are my favourite. The ship is showing some age and looking a little worn in its finishes and decor, but I don't mind -- to me, there are far more important things to make a great cruise.

My cabin was a window cabin with a partially obstructed view, but the obstruction was truly minimal. Crystal is known for having some of the smallest cabins among the luxury lines, but I found it had more than enough space for my 2.5 week cruise, and I know had there been two of us in the cabin the storage space still would have been enough. I don't know why there's a tub rather than a walk in shower, and I don't see a need for double sinks, but those are likely personal preferences.

Also personal is the opinion of the food.......in my opinion, the food was terrific, ranging from very good to outstanding (particularly excellent in the two specialty restaurants).

Port Reviews

Tokyo (Yokohama)

Wonderfully interesting city. I did not take an excursion; each day I chose a different neighbourhood to investigate, and took public transportation to wander around there. Ate like a local, took the metro, and walked around taking photos and absorbing the atmosphere.

Honolulu

This is a basic big US city, with the shopping, fast food, and traffic like all the rest. However, it's on a beautiful island, and there's beautiful Waikiki (which is open to the public and is actually a string of several connected beaches).

Maui

I took the public bus from Lahaina to the Maui Ocean Center, a combination of aquarium and marine science center. The bus went along the coast, and it's a beautiful island.

Find a Crystal Symphony Cruise from £1,764