Viking Skadi Cruise Review

Viking Skadi Cruise Review by cdwmba

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

I selected this cruise because the itinerary has been on my fridge for 4 years. The price dropped and I got a awesome deal. River cruising is different than ocean cruising so do not expect the same food, entertainment, etc. If you do, you will be disappointed. Cruising rivers in Europe take time with the water levels and locks. The ship was in good shape. Our veranda cabin was nice. When we double docked (yes, this does happen), our balcony was up against the other ship. This is common on the river. Meals varied in cuisine. One restaurant and one more relaxed option is available. Just how many restaurants do you expect to be provided for 180 passengers? Realistically, you cannot expect more. Now for the staff - second to none! The program director Ben is unbelievable. I still do not know when he sleeps. The front desk staff (especially Vivian) are awesome. The hotel staff are great. Restaurant and bar staff are excellent. Even the crew staff (maintenance, navigation, etc.) are excellent. Finally, please note this is a 15 day cruise. What type of people can afford to be gone for over 2 weeks? Old, retired, (and sometimes stuffy) retired people and this is the majority of the passengers. Remember, you are on this cruise to see places and explore the world, not eat, sleep and rock in a chair with fellow cruisers.

cdwmba's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 235

Cabin was awesome! But, I must confess I received an upgrade for a minimal fee the day of embarkation.

Amsterdam

Walking tour of the city. We did a pre-cruise extension and explored everything else on our own.

Schonbrunn Palace

Excellent visit. The bus dropped us off in town on the return.

View All 179 Schonbrunn Palace Reviews