• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

rpfarris
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin: Veranda Suite

This was my first cruise and I loved it. My suite (all cabins are suites) was nicer - and at least as large - as most hotel rooms I stay in. I had a veranda, but other than the veranda itself, even the smallest cabin on the ship is the same size. No "inside" cabins. Very nice.

This cruise had "Gentleman Hosts," who among other things, organized a cocktail party each evening for the solo cruisers, of which I was one. This was a very nice touch by Silversea. There were 8 or 10 of us "solos", and we had a cocktail party each evening and then the Gentleman Hosts would escort us down to The Restaurant for dinner. It wasn't mandatory, but we never had to eat alone. Silversea's social game is very strong.

I reserved several evenings in Le Champagne, the hoity-toity extra-cost restaurant, but after my first night I canceled the rest of my nights. Why? Because the pace was very, very slow. i'm sure it took at least 3.5 hours for dinner, and if you're eating alone it is too slow. Perhaps if I'd brought a book.

Veranda Suite

Cabin V2

I was in a veranda cabin. But it was 32 degrees air temp, 32 degrees water temp, and a 40 knot wind, so a vista cabin would have been just as good. The vista cabins are exactly the same size as the veranda cabins, minus the veranda. They are *all* nice.

Find a Silver Shadow Cruise from £3,096