Where do I start, and what wonderful things can I say that haven’t already been said by other passengers on this ship, my home for the week I was lucky enough to sail on her? After reading so many of the other (spot-on) reviews about Diamant, I think one of the things unsaid might be how special and unique the crew made the passengers feel, as if the week for the crew was as novel and exciting as it was for us—yet they sail these waters and visit these islands every week! I never for one second was made to feel as if my experience—my adventure—wasn’t the single most important thing in the world to them. I didn't feel that my excitement about seeing a spotted sea eel or a puffer fish or the Southern Cross was pedestrian. Quite the contrary: Captain Phillip made the effort to make sure I saw the Southern Cross (often obscured by the hills of the islands at our nightly anchorages), which was on my personal trip wish list; and he gave me an enthusiastic “OK” sign when I waved him over to show him the sea eel I saw while snorkeling in the Tobago Cays. My sense of awe was met with understanding and enthusiasm, never condescension. All of this seems to me as much an outcome of how particularly suited this crew is for their work as how beautiful the Grenadines are (so could anyone really ever tire of them?). And at the risk of having all of the Cruise Critic reviews of the Diamant sound like a broken record, I must confirm every complimentary word already written—about the ship, the crew, the food, the islands, the people, the beaches, the water, the breezes, the sailing, the snorkeling, the sunsets, AND sunrises, as I was lucky enough to wake up early one morning when we set sail before dawn. The captain and his crew were in perfect sync; no matter what the activity or time of day, I felt comfortable and safe and looked after. The level of personal service and attention was remarkable; from Roy watching over a shipmate and me nonstop as we snorkeled from the ship to and from a rock formation to Bolo never letting me lift a finger for anything myself, and from Marlon returning to Diamant when I even HINTED that I might like a raft to lounge on at the shore—after he had just dropped us off in the dinghy—to Philbert baking a cake to celebrate my birthday with hardly any notice our very first night on the water, I felt—I don’t know how else to describe it—like royalty or a rock star, and I’m certainly neither. I’ve sailed for a difficult week in the past on a slick new shiny catamaran in the BVIs with just a captain and a cook to 10 guests, where service was lacking (and that’s generous) and where the passengers rarely knew what the plan for next hour, much less the day was, so imagine my joy at having FIVE crew members aboard Diamant to assist us with anything we might want—though somehow not intrude on our individual and independent experiences; we had adventure and solitude—if we wanted it—though never boredom. The captain dined with the passengers every night, telling stories and wrapping up every evening by sharing the following day’s itinerary—which he summarized on the ship’s white board for everyone to see and reference (memory not required!). He personally hosted an island pub crawl, organized a shore bonfire, arranged an island tour, and hosted a lively game of trivia after dinner one night. The ship was comfortable but practically spotless--the sand on our feet and our gear were hosed down upon every return from an island visit, our were cabins tended to every day by our amazing steward Bolo, and everything was in its place. Diamant is the definition "shipshape." I could go on and on, but I’ll end here and with this: Do not hesitate to sail with this outfit or on this ship. I feel so lucky that I did. I hate to think of the possibility that I might not have made these memories or seen these places. I found paradise in the Grenadines aboard Diamant. And I can hardly wait to return.

Magical and Idlyllic Week on Island Windjammer's Diamant

Diamant Cruise Review by No regrets

No regrets’s Full Rating Summary

My cabin was comfortable and clean, with a full head (bathroom) in excellent working order. I had a drawer for my clothing and a nightstand next to my bed. The steward happily stowed my rolling duffel bag for me. The cabins were cleaned and beds were made up daily.

• St. George's
    I arrived in Grenada one day before my charter departed from the Port Louis marina in St. George. I stayed at the Allamanda Beach Resort, which was perfectly fine, but I would not recommend staying for included breakfast. The service was painfully slow. If I return (and I might), I would eat breakfast on the way to the marina. After the charter returned, I headed directly to the airport for my flight home. (The Average review rating is for the hotel, not the city of St. George or the marina.)
    View All 61 St. George's Cruise Port Reviews