Viking Baldur Cruise Review

Way more than just tulips!

Viking Baldur Cruise Review by jgboard

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

My wife and I chose this cruise in order to see the tulips in the Netherlands and to see Bruge, Belgium. We were pleasantly surprised that the cruise included many additional high spots, and we learned much more than we had anticipated. The tulip gardens were overwhelming, but we also greatly enjoyed the home visit in Hoorn and the explanation of the massive system constructed to protect the Netherlands from future flooding.

We expect great food and service on Viking cruises, and this crew did not disappoint. The dining room staff were all friendly and efficient. I had worried about the crew being trained enough for this early-in-the-season cruise, but I could tell from the first day that there was nothing to worry about. I complimented the dining room manager, as this staff was as good as any of the other Viking ships we've been on. All of the departments on this ship performed very well, and we have already signed up for Viking cruise #8.

jgboard's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E 100

Every lower level cabin on Viking longships is the same, so we knew what we were buying. This specific cabin is under the Reception area, so we heard footsteps above us occasionally. Future cruises will be in cabins further back. We feel that the best value for money is on the lower deck, since we are seldom in the cabin except for sleeping. Comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, and larger than some of the more expensive cabins above.

jgboard