• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Viking Bestla Review

Editor Rating

Our first, but not last, Viking experience

Review for Viking Bestla to Europe River
ashmorgj
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2016
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

We were interested in seeing part of Germany, since that is the country of my husband's ancestors. We selected the Danube cruise in December because it promised that we would get to see many Christmas markets, which we did. The ship was beautiful and well-appointed. Our cabin was comfortable. I loved that there was plenty of storage space for all our things and that we were able to store our suitcases under the bed after we had emptied them into the ample closets and drawers that were provided.

Dining was wonderful. We had an opportunity to meet many different people, as we were able to sit at whatever table we wanted for all of our meals. One thing I particularly enjoyed was the fact that local cuisine was featured in many of our meals.

The shore excursions were fun and educational. I was highly impressed by the knowledge of our guides and their ability to make their talks interesting and entertaining. The only downside was that the temperatures were extremely cold (though we knew in advance that they would be), and we are thinking of taking the trip again at another season of the year when we will be able to enjoy the out of doors more.

Veranda Stateroom

Cabin B

The cabin was adequate. The bed was comfortable. Storage was fantastic! I really like that we could store our suitcases under the bed after unloading them into the closet and drawers that were more than ample.

Find a cruise