Viking Njord Cruise Review

Viking Njord Cruise Review by JoeA4612

• Sail Date: Aug 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

My two older children and I decided to experience a river cruise. My son is a history teacher and he was interested in Nuremberg and we felt this trip which included Austria and Budapest, was perfect.

The ship was fantastic, so intimate that we made many friends on the trip. Our staterooms were large enough to move around comfortably and had everything we needed. The scenery was beautiful and since we never lost site of land there were fantastic views of the Bavarian landscape.

The dining was terrific. All the meals included wonderful choices and the fact that the head chef personally came around during the meals to greet and inquired if everything was satisfactory was great.

Every evening the lounge was packed due to scheduled entertainment, which was amazing, such as singers singing Sound OF Music show tunes, and German Night or just the piano playing of Nikko I believe his name was, We talked, laughed and danced until we were done. The music was played as long as we wanted it to.

All the included excursions were fantastic a were the optional tours. We went on all the optional excursions and spent less than half of what it we spent on ocean cruise excursions.

The had the most wonderful, and knowledgeable crew ever. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.

I have recommended this cruise, specifically the Njord, to friends. One of which has scheduled the Romantic Danube cruise in November.

We have scheduled two more cruises in 2018, Portugal and France. Can't wait!!!

JoeA4612's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E 106

Very nice, spacious enough and all the included amenities were very good. The bathroomr alone was bigger than the last ocean cruise ship we were on. Especially the shower.

JoeA4612