• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

tpowell
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Inside Stateroom

Granted this cruise was in the middle of Hurricane Irma but that really wasn't the issue. The food was bad. The service in the main dining room was horrible. The ship's pool deck had paint peeling. It looked terrible. The air conditioner in our room didn't work part of the time.

Part of the time the public restroom near the pool did not work. You had to go all the way back to your room to use the bathroom.

Now for the part about the hurricane....We were unable to get any information from anyone on board. I stood in line at guest services 4 different times for over an hour and all they would tell me is I needed to call someone at Royal Caribbean. That was impossible to do because all the phone lines were busy. When I complained about that they told me to keep trying. I booked my airline travel thru Royal as well and they were no help to me at all when my flight got cancelled. I had to find someone from home to book me a flight back because I could not use the phone or the internet on the boat very well. I asked for a refund on my flight back and they told me too bad. They basically dumped me and three friends off in Miami in the path of Hurricane Irma and left us. I will never cruise with Royal Caribbean again.

Inside Stateroom