• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2009
Cabin: Junior Suite
Traveled with children

We recently returned from a 7 night cruise on RC's Freedom of the Seas, visiting the Western Caribbean. I am a wheelchair user and Mum so hopefully this review will be of some use to both parents and disabled cruisers!

We flew from London to Orlando with Virgin Atlantic on an absolutely full plane, and had booked the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites just off International Drive in Orlando for the three nights prior to the cruise. For the money (£50 per room per night, including continental breakfast), we thought this hotel was wonderful. It was spotlessly clean, and the room had two double beds, plenty of storage space, a small pool, plenty to eat at breakfast, and complimentary tea and coffee available in the lobby 24 hrs a day.

The receptionist was very welcoming, and spotting that I was in my wheelchair, allocated us a disabled room without being asked, which meant that we had room for my wheelchair plus a large, roomy and disabled friendly bathroom. Just along the road there was a lovely TGI Fridays and we ate there two nights out of the three, with excellent food and the customarily great service.

Junior Suite