• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

nonnigrampy2
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

I chose this cruise because I wanted to go to Normandy. All the stops were great and our guides were all so interesting. I learned so much about the area. We were so lucky to also have a beautiful weather week. Everyone on the ship was so helpful and friendly. This was my first trip alone and it more than met all my expectations. We were very lucky in Normandy because not only was the weather terrific, but it was not crowded. We were able to see the German bunkers, the bomb craters, the American cemetery and were able to walk on Omaha Beach. Everything was so powerful especially for me, since my dad came ashore there in 1944. Another stop and tour was at the home and gardens of Monet. His gardens were magnificent, and you felt like you were part of one of his paintings. Yes, this was a wonderful cruise!

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

Cabin B

My cabin was roomy and bright. The bath was a perfect size and I liked the separate shower. My bed was very comfortable and they had different kinds of pillows. Very roomy closet also and the safe was very useful. Also, the toiletries were heavenly!

Find an Avalon Creativity Cruise